The Sacred Valley of the Incas, a place where there are different archaeological sites, each one with a marked tourist circuit and easy access for any visitor or tourist who wishes to access the tourist circuit of their preference.
The tourist circuits of the Sacred Valley are generally of one day duration which allows the tourist to have a varied, dynamic and interesting stay.
These tourist sites that form the tourist circuit of the Sacred Valley have strategic stopping points (viewpoints) and signaling elements,
The most outstanding circuits of the Sacred Valley:
- Cusco – Pisac – Archaeological site of Pisac.
- Pisac – Coya – Lamay – Calca
- Calca – Urubamba – Ollantaytambo
- Cusco – Chinchero – Moray – Salt mines
- Cusco – Ollantaytambo
- Cusco – Calca – Lares
- Cusco – Chinchero
- Chinchero – Huaypo Lagoon
- Cusco – Calca – Huchuypicchu
Independent tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas that includes the visit to the archaeological sites of Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Moray, Chinchero and the salt mines of Maras.
Description of the places that are part of the Sacred Valley of the Incas circuit:
- Pisac a popular district of a natural, cultural landscape and a pre-Hispanic layout in the form of checkerboard with houses of the colonial and viceregal era, which to this day is maintained over the years.
- Archaeological site of Pisac a tourist attraction that has ceremonial squares, neighborhoods, Inca terraces, and control towers, characterized by the form of construction of the terraces and Inca terraces.
- Coya a tourist destination where the house of the Cusquenian writer Clorinda Matto de Turner is located and a gastronomic destination.
- Lamay a place where is located the archaeological site of Huchuy Qosqo also known as small Cusco an Inca construction, also a place where you can enjoy the famous guinea pig to the stick (Cuy al Palo).
- Calca capital of the districts of Pisac, Coya, Lamay and Lares.
- Urubamba capital of the districts of Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, Maras, with a rich climate for the cultivation of many fruits and corn.
- Ollantaytambo the living Inca city with its main tourist attraction the archaeological site of Ollantaytambo, characterized by its urban distribution.
- Chinchero a very peculiar district for the textile art in camelid fibers and the archaeological site of Chinchero.
- Moray an archaeological site with concentric circles in andenería of the Inca culture.
- Salt mines a destination with more than 5000 salt ponds, used in Inca times and today.
- Lares a tourist destination for the Mantto waterfalls and the hot springs of Lares, a tourist destination for people who like thermo-medicinal tourism.
- Huaypo Lagoon a natural destination for the beauty of the waters of the lagoon, water supplier to the city of Cusco and fishing tourism destination.
- The most important circuit of the Sacred Valley of the Incas and the best known is that it allows you to know in a more interesting way the Sacred Valley in a one day tour with an interesting guided through an explanation of the different Inca archaeological sites of Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, Moray and the Salt mines (Salineras).