Tourism in the Sacred Valley of the Incas has an alternative of medicinal tourism we refer to the hot springs of Lares, an ideal option for many domestic and foreign tourists seeking to release tension.
The hot springs of Lares are located in the district of Lares in the province of Calca in the region of Cusco, the thermal baths are conformed by 4 pools each one has a different temperature that varies between 36°C – 44°C, with depths of 1 and a half meters ideal for the visitors.
THE PROPERTIES OF THESE HOT SPRINGS
The properties for which the hot springs of Lares are visited are achieved thanks to the properties that these waters possess such as: minerals such as sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, among other minerals that allow the stimulation of the immune system and natural increase in the production of endorphins.
Improving the metabolic process and facilitates the digestion of all types of food. They produce a depurative effect in the blood. They relax the tension and reduce muscle pain and also have purposes to combat diseases such as arthritis, osteoporosis and to relieve muscle aches.
CAN I CAMP IN THE LARES HOT SPRINGS
Of course yes, this place offers this opportunity for you to camp because it has green areas where you can use the campsite making your stay more than pleasant during your visit.
BENEFITS OF THE HOT SPRINGS OF LARES
- For the skin, the hot springs help for the problems of dermatitis, psoriasis, these improve and soothe with the contact with the hot springs.
- Taking baths in hot springs improves the nourishment of body tissues and increases metabolism.
- Hot springs have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help joint problems and muscular pains.
- Hot springs treatments are highly recommended for post-operative surgeries increasing blood circulation and endorphin production.
- It has relaxing effects for the body due to the minerals it contains.
HOW TO GET TO LARES HOT SPRINGS
- The first option is to take a tour with a travel and tourism agency.
- The second option is to take a public service from Cusco-Calca and then take another bus to Lares (4 hours). Take a bus at the bus stop on Puputi street next to the Inca Garcilaso de la Vega school to go to Calca.
HOW TO GET TO THE HOT SPRINGS OF LARES
The income to the hot springs of Lares have a differentiated cost for local tourist or foreign tourist this can be entered at any time of the day, Maximum capacity 80 people per shift.
- Foreign Tourist S/ 15.00 Nuevos Soles.
- Foreign Tourist Child S/ 07.50 nuevos soles
- National Tourist S/ 08.00 nuevos soles
- National Tourist Child S/ 04.00 nuevos soles
- Room rental (night) S/ 50.00 nuevos soles
- Rent camping area S/ 07.00 nuevos soles
- First schedule 06:00 – 08:00
- Second schedule 08:00 – 10.00
- Third timetable 10:00 – 12:00
- Fourth schedule 12:00 – 14:00
- Fifth schedule 14:00 – 16:00
- Sixth schedule 16:00 – 18:00
- Seventh schedule 18:00 – 20:00