Aguas Calientes or Machupicchu Pueblo offers a variety of attractions that make this place the ideal place to spend a few days with tourist activities in a place full of culture that will leave you delighted to be here.
What to do in Aguas Calientes ?
- Take a rest in the hot springs of Aguas Calientes. This place is located 5 minutes from its main square where you can relax your body after a day of travel by train or bus upon arrival from Hidroeléctrica.
- Visit the waterfalls of Mandor, this place is 50 minutes from the town of Aguas Calientes by rail.
- Visit the gardens of Mandor, this place is an ideal natural reserve to observe the flora and fauna of the entire archaeological park of Machupicchu and a place to observe birds such as the cock of the rock.
- Visit the Manuel Chavez Ballon museum of Machupicchu, here you will find lithic pieces found in Machupicchu and besides it you will be able to see more than 200 types of orchids in the area that includes the mentioned museum.
- Visit the butterfly farm, where you will find a great variety of butterflies through a guided tour in the same place, 20 minutes walking from the town of Aguas Calientes.
- Visit the Alcamayo waterfall, a place to connect with nature in a waterfall of more than 30 meters high.
If you are one of those people who like to have a moment of worship, Aguas Calientes has a Catholic church where masses are held every day and is open to the public during the day.
Why visit Aguas Calientes ?
Because in addition to having the most important wonder of the world which is Machupicchu, it is a tourist destination that has natural and historical attractions such as waterfalls, hot springs, site museums, bird watching centers and places of worship.